Daily standup meetings
One of the most important tools you can use to improve the performance of your team is daily stand-ups. Here, team members come together to discuss goals, challenges and achievements. While this is usually done in a in-person fashion (hence the name of the meeting), we've figured out that running async meetings using Check-ins is the way to go for remote and hybrid teams where their members are scattered across several timezones.
Here's how you can implement a daily standup into your chat workflow:
- Set goals. Give a focus to the week. This is your "prospective" outline. Use this expectations to set concrete expectations for your team and make sure everyone gathers around them.
- Share results. At the end of each async meeting, say within the hour after starting your shift or so, share the results in a channel. What did you accomplish? What challenges did you face? What results did you expect to achieve, but didn't?
- Follow up. Ask the attendees to follow up on any points they missed or want to continue discussing in the reporting threads. Use this space to loop in teammates that weren't in the first report due to timezone differences or anything of the sort.
- Track results. At the end of the week, gather the results in a weekly log. This will help you track performance over time.
Get started with this template
- What did you complete in your previous workday?
- What are you planning to work on today?
- Do you have any blockers?
Follow this best practice
Learn how to configure this template here: