Happy employees are more often than not the real key to amazing high quality work, and as a manager one of your most important jobs is achieving high employee satisfaction, this means creating a workplace culture and a positive work environment for team members and providing your employees everything they need to provide a high job satisfaction.
As a manager you're not only overlooking your team's work, you also have to create an environment where they can thrive and do their best. So how do we know what our employees need? The answer is simple: talk to them. Employee happiness is no secret recipe, all the ingredients are right there, you just have to ask for them! Gathering feedback from your employees is key to creating a positive work culture where employees feel engaged and happy. You'll get the most valuable insights on how to make a positive change from your employees themselves.
One of the best way to gather this employee feedback is surveys, an Employee Satisfaction survey aims to gather valuable insights about what it is that employees need, and what needs to be changed to boost employee morale.
What is an Employee Satisfaction Survey
An Employee Satisfaction Survey is a quick survey where you ask your employees a handful of questions to measure
how employees are engaging with work, if they feel like their needs are being met and the workplace is a good environment for growth, learning and living a good lifestyle.
On an employee satisfaction survey you aim to tackle problem areas in the employee experience that could lead to dissatisfaction or employee turnover.
Why employee satisfaction surveys are important
Employee satisfaction surveys are a key tool when it comes to understanding who your employees really are and what they like and dislike about their job. It takes a lot of guesswork out of the equation and gives you concrete data you can use to improve the workplace.
How to read the survey
Employee satisfaction surveys give you a lot of data you can use to make progressive changes at work:
- They can help you see how employees feel about the hard work they do. You can find out how satisfied employees are with their jobs, how much they trust their employers and how they feel about their coworkers.
- They can pinpoint specific areas where employees feel unhappy. Employees who feel that their management is unresponsive or that they lack recognition may be able to point to specific problems using the survey.
- They can help you create a better employee benefits package. Companies can get specific feedback from employees about health benefits, retirement planning and other benefits. This can lead you to create better benefits packages, raise salaries or offer better perks.
- They help you understand how employees interact with company culture and how it affects them.
- They could help you understand your employees' work-life balance. Nothing destroys employee engagement more than a poor work-life balance. Maybe flexible work hours could be on the table if the issue gets serious.
Get started with these Employee Satisfaction Survey questions
Here's a small set of questions you could use in your own survey, they are meant to give you ideas to implement on your survey. Using DailyBot you can create Employee Satisfaction surveys and automate them! You can even make them anonymous to gather more honest feedback.
- How do you feel about work today?
- Would you recommend us to your friends as an employer?
- Do you feel excited about coming to work?
- Are you proud of working for the organization?
- Are you satisfied with your current compensation and benefits?
- Do you enjoy working with your team?
- Is there something that can be improved on or that you dislike about work?
Follow this best practice
Learn how to configure this template here: