Connect Trello with DailyBot and get activity tracking about cards that are created, commented, and updated/moved, or checklist items that get completed.
To connect with Trello, an org administrator should authorize the connection between DailyBot and Trello. You can find this option in the Integrations page > Trello.
What events are tracked?
- Task created: createCard
- Task updated: updateCard, commentCard
- Task item checked: updateCheckItemStateOnCard
What are the steps?
- Connect Trello, starting on DailyBot's Integrations page.
- Once the connection is done, add the boards that you want to track, you should add them one by one.
- Define which check-ins should get the activity tracking add-on. To do this, go to the Check-in settings of that specific check-in, and enable the activity tracking feature.
How does DailyBot match Trello users with DailyBot users?
It is recommended that every user of your team configure their Trello username. They can do this by navigating to the Integrations page > Trello. They should type their Trello username, without the @ symbol.
Another alternative is that each user connects the Trello account by clicking the Connect Trello button.
If a user has neither connected Trello nor specified a username, DailyBot will try to make the automatic matching based on the full name the user has in DailyBot vs. the full name the person has in Trello.
Recommend your team to connect Trello or configure their Trello username, otherwise the activity might not be properly tracked.
Activate the check-in activity tracking
The activity tracked can be included in any stand-up or check-in reports. Such activity will be seen in @DailyBot's chatbot reports (sent to channels or DMs) or on the web app reports.
To make sure the activity is displayed, enable the activity tracking for the check-ins where you want to have this behavior.
1. Go to the check-in settings
2. Click Sharing, and then activate the "Activity tracking" on the advanced options section
What activity is shown in the reports?
There will be a new column automatically added to the check-in responses and it will contain any activity that was logged in the period starting 24 hours previous to the check-in response, and until end of the day current response.