Connect ClickUp with DailyBot and get activity tracking about cards that are created and updated.
To connect with ClickUp, as part of a team (user group), you should authorize the connection between DailyBot and ClickUp by setting up your personal API key. You can find this option in the Integrations page > ClickUp.
What are the steps?
- Go to Settings > Integrations to manage your integration. Use your ClickUp API token and click "Refresh" to establish the connection.
- Once the connection is done, add the teams that you want to track using the "Add team" button in the same page, you should add them one by one.
- Define what check-ins should track your activity. To do this, go to the Check-ins settings of that specific check-in, and enable the activity tracking feature.
If you are using the API for personal use, it is safe to use the personal API token. You can find this token in your ClickUp's user settings, under the Apps section. At the top of the page you have the option to generate a personal token. These tokens will always begin with pk_.personal_token
If your token becomes compromised, you can regenerate it. However, be aware that any applications that were using the old token will lose access once it has been regenerated. (See ClickUp docs)
How does DailyBot match ClickUp users with DailyBot users?
It's recommended that every user of your team configure their personal ClickUp API token. They can do this by navigating to our Integrations page > ClickUp.
If a user has neither connected ClickUp nor specified their personal token, DailyBot will try to make an automatic matching based on the full name the user has in DailyBot and the full name the person has in ClickUp.
Activate the check-in activity tracking
The activity tracked can be included in any stand-up or check-in reports. Such activity will be seen in @DailyBot's chatbot reports (sent to channels or DMs) or on the web app reports.
To make sure the activity is displayed, enable the activity tracking for the check-ins where you want to have this behavior.
1. Go to the check-in settings
2. Click Sharing, and then activate the "Activity tracking" on the advanced options section
What activity is shown in the reports?
There will be a new column automatically added to the check-in responses and it will contain any activity that was logged in the period starting 24 hours previous to the check-in response, and until end of the day current response.