The COVID-19 pandemic changed many aspects of our lives. From the way we see the present to how we see each other in the future. This drastic change of consciousness shapes how we build what’s coming next, and working from home is a huge part of it. Light banter used to be a common way to kickstart the day. Now employees face themselves in front of a black mirror full of anonymous faces, sometimes for hours.
4 out of 5 people have suffered from Zoom Fatigue since the start of the pandemic. This is definitely a concerning number, so how can you ease the burden?
Icebreaker questions are one of the best ways to start serendipitous conversations. Here are 30 great ones for work:
1. When do you feel more productive? Early in the morning or late at night?
2. What’s your favorite snack when you’re stressed out?
3. Do you listen to music when you’re working?
4. Do you find video beans hard to use?
5. Can you name a good lo-fi playlist, album, or song? If not, invent the name of one. :)
6. How many cups of coffee do you have a day?
7. Does Zoom work for you?
8. How often do you exercise? In the mornings, at night, or not at all thank you very much?
9. What’s the most listened-to song in your playlist?
10. If you were president, what would be your first mandate?
💡 Pro Tip: DailyBot helps you keep track of what your team is up to asynchronously. And did we mention you can turn on the watercooler? Learn more
11. Do you find Mr. Bean funny?
12. Would you attend an electronic festival?
13. Imagine you’d have the day off today. What would you do right now?*
14. What do you miss the most about working in an office?
15. Would you live abroad? If so, where?
16. If you had a free plane ticket, where would you go?
17. What’s your zodiac sign?
18. Do you prefer traveling by car, train or plane?
19. What’s the chore you hate doing the most?
20. What’s a subject you consider you should have learned at school?
21. What do you think about coffee with sugar?
22. Who inspires you professionally?
23. Would you like to be famous?
24. Do you believe NFTs are worthwhile?
25. What’s the worst social media platform for you?
26. How do you deal with stress?
27. Hot weather or cold weather?
28. What are your biggest pet peeves?
29. What distract you the most when you’re working from home?
30. What was the last thing you were really excited about?
Looking for more Icebreaker questions? Here are the best ice breaker questions to build a strong remote team