We're back one more time with a short but sweet list of the most exciting updates.
Among the news, we bring brand new features like Workflows and Conditional Logic for Check-ins that serve as the building blocks for you to build more use cases on top of DailyBot. Keep reading to learn more!
- Introducing Workflows
- Introducing Conditional Logic
- New integrations
- Set time off for everyone
- DailyBot Solution Kits
- In-app search is here
- Add external people to DailyBot
- Sync Slack channels with DailyBot teams
🤖 Introducing Workflows
A powerful new tool that makes it easier than ever to automate and streamline your daily tasks. With Workflows, you can create custom processes for handling common workflows, such as onboarding new employees or processing vendor requests. And it all works in your chat!
Here are some ideas of use cases you can automate today using Workflows:
- 📝 Report blockers to managers automatically
- 🕜 Handle employee time-off requests
- 📋 Notify your team of approved vendor requests
- 💸 Notify your financial team of approved expense requests
- 👋 Welcome new users to your company chat
🔀 Introducing Conditional Logic
Meet Conditional Logic, the game-changing new feature that will allow you to create more dynamic and intelligent check-ins for the chat. With Conditional Logic, you can customize your check-ins to show (or skip) questions based on the responses of your users. This means you can create check-ins that adapt to the needs of your users, providing a more personalized and intuitive experience.
There are 3 cases of conditional logic that you can start using today:
- Jump Logic — for skipping or jumping to questions based on user responses.
- Check-in Logic — for jumping from one check-in to another based on user responses.
- Form Logic — for jumping from a check-in to a form based on user responses.
The use cases for this are unlimited. Need inspiration? You can start with these articles:
- 🦘 Skip questions based on answers
- ✍️ Trigger a new check-in based on answers
- 📋 Trigger an additional form based on answers
New native integrations
Integrations are at the heart of DailyBot, which is why we’ve invested a lot more in growing our support for them, whether they are native or custom integrations.
- Visit the new home for Integrations at Settings > Integrations to discover the new additions!
- We added support for GitHub, Shortcut, and Linear, as well as new advanced integrations like the Workflow Trigger and the Activity API 🔥
Pause DailyBot in-chat reminders for the entire organization ☃️
At the request of many of you, we added an additional time-off feature to your org’s settings (Settings > Organization) to help org admins pause in-chat reminders for everyone when the holidays come.
Well, holidays are here! And so is this long-expected feature:
Officially meet our Solution Kits ⭐
Some of you have taken advantage of this feature already, but in case you haven’t, meet DailyBot Solution Kits, a template creation wizard that implements the best practices of tens of use cases in just a few clicks.
Solution kits allow both new and existing users to set up templates of best practices from relevant industries and topics in bulk. These templates may include essential check-ins and forms, as well as related company values you can use with Kudos, and additional add-ons like virtual coffees or onboarding intros.
Here are some ideas to help you maximize your DailyBot usage:
- ☀️ Daily standups →
- 🍃 Social & wellness →
- 💻 Remote & async work →
- ✔️ Agile management →
- 🔒 SOC2 compliance →
- 🤝 Team onboarding →
- 🔀 Software development →
- 🚀 Product management →
- 📈 Sales & growth →
- 📊 Marketing automation →
- 💡 Bootcamps & incubators →
In-app shortcuts is here 🔍
Web app users might have noticed a new icon in their navigational bar ✨
Search and Actions is a new option on the menu and includes both quick actions you can trigger within the app (like creating forms and check-ins, or giving kudos), as well as a knowledge base of information from different sources.
- Pro users may find its keyboard shortcut convenient: ⌘ + K on your Mac (or Ctrl+K in Windows/Linux)
DailyBot for external collaborators
Great news! Users don’t need to be on your chat platform to collaborate with you through DailyBot. Now admins can invite external people to DailyBot organizations using just their email.
The feature allows “guest accounts” to get check-in reminders and fill out reports via email, which upon completion will land in your chat channels as any other report. These guest users will also be able to interact with DailyBot through our app using email sign-in, given that they have no access to your company chat.
The feature can be found in Settings > Members > ··· > Invite guests, and it’s available in all of our paid plans.
For Slack users: Sync a new team with all the people from a channel
When you’re creating a new DailyBot team using the web app, now you can do two things:
- 🤝 Add people to the new team, one by one.
- 🤲 Add all the people from a specific channel to this team — at once — using the new Autosync feature!
Find this convenient feature when you’re creating a new team in Settings > Teams > Create team > Sync from a channel. Available for Slack users in all of our paid plans.
…And we're done with today's post! Whenever you have any comments that can help us improve, please feel free to get in touch, we can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via social media (@DailyBot).