- What did you do yesterday?
- What will you do today?
- What is getting in your way?
These 3 easy to answer questions are known as a huddle (or stand-up) meeting and are key for agile teams to keep on track and accomplish their tasks.
They build and improve collaboration, help capturing valuable information, reduce roadblocks and improve understanding of shared goals. So they end up being a very useful input for managers to track team’s general productivity and motivation.
But sometimes, gathering everyone together can be a hard task and not a very time-effective one, especially when teams are large or have members with different time zones. Or there is the case where teams are doing this offline and are losing valuable information and don’t have an option to look back later.
As Google earlier announced they would be allowing bots for Google Chat, we decided to launch a GChat integration for DailyBot, a free chatbot assistant that helps you do async follow-ups.
How it works
- The bot connects to Google Chat (or Slack) and chats to every team member asking them these 3 questions to help them organize their days at the time you set it up.
- It then posts the information gathered to a specific channel or room you define.
- You get a nice looking dashboard with important information where your team can check who’s working on what, who didn’t complete the daily report, who’s having problems, etc.
- The bot also includes an optional feature which helps you track your team’s motivation by checking in on your members now and then, and reporting the info to the dashboard anonymously.
So stop wasting your valuable time and go ahead and say hi to our lovely bot, he will be happy to start helping your team do daily follow-ups. Psst, many thousands of companies and organizations now use DailyBot on a daily basis.